The Bronte Parsonage

Base size : 17 x 15cm

Scale 1:130

30 component parts

two full colour A4 pages

Price £4.00 plus P&P

The Parsonage at Haworth, near Bradford in West Yorkshire was built around 1777. It is a handsome late Georgian house occupying the highest point in the village, facing the Church of St.Michael and All Angels, and standing at the edge of spectacular moors stretching away to Lancashire.

The Reverend Patrick Bronte was appointed there in 1820, when it became a much loved home to his wife and six children. Sadly Mrs. Bronte died shortly afterwards and the two eldest girls both died in 1825. The surviving children, Charlotte, Branwell, Emily and Anne grew up to bring fame to English Literature with their poetry and novels.

In 1925, the Parsonage became the property of the Bronte Society. Over the years it has been carefully restored and houses the Society’s collection of manuscripts, books and letters. The house is open to the public throughout the year.