I would like to add the following Weights and Measures to my own collection:
- 19th century and earlier 'Standard' weights, especially those with interesting place-names.
- Weights of unusual denomination, e.g. Quartern, Troy pounds, 3½ pounds etc.
- 19th century and earlier 'Standard' measures.
- 'Winchester' measures, and other pre-Imperial denominations
- A nice Standard yard - Victorian or older
- Weights marked with railway company names/initials (e.g. GNR, LNWR etc.)
- Bell and bar weights for non-avoir denominiations (Sovereigns, '£5 Silver' etc.)
- I'm based near Manchester, but will travel to purchase nice items.
- I am particularly interested in items from the north of England (Yorkshire & Lancashire).
- I no longer buy huge collections of Standards (i.e. from 56lb to ¼ ounce, or Bushel to Gill) -I'm running out of space.
- If you've got something you think I might be interested in, contact me on the email address below, ideally with a photo and the indication of the price you're looking for.